In the LPTV (Processing and Transmission of Voice Laboratory), research and development is carried out in: recognition and verification of the robust speaker to noise and channel; CAPT (Computer Aided Pronunciation Tasks); QoS on the Internet, and signal processing applied to mining, and volcanology.
The LPTV has a network of PCs, DSP cards, and software.
- PI. “Center for Multidisciplinary Research on Signal Processing”, Ring Science and Technology, Conicyt, December 2012-December 2015. US$ 950,000.
- Co-PI.”Development of a Continuous Bubble size Sensor for the Mineral Flotation Process, CORFO 1IDL2-10687. PI, Prof. Willy Kracht. US$ 50,000.
- PI, “Robust Speech Pattern Recognition on Telephone and Education Applications”. Conicyt/Fondecyt-Chile. From March 2010 to March 2013. US$ 150,000.
- PI, “Research on Adaptation and Compensation Techniques for Speech and Speaker Recognition”. Conicyt/Fondecyt-Chile. From March 2007 to March 2010. US$ 64,000.
- PI, “ICT Technologies for Language Learning and Edutainment on the Internet”. Conicyt/Fondef-Chile. From March 2007 to December 2009.
Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, USA.