Entrance Profile of FCFM Engineering
The objective of the new Study Plan of -last revised in 2007- is to preserve and strengthen the positive qualities that have traditionally characterized and distinguished the professionals of the School, and to develop additional capabilites that also strengthen their status as global, innovative and excellent professionals.
- Reach a strong mastery of mathematics and the basic sciences, including the capacity to design experiments, obtain, use, and interpret data, and be capable of applying this knowledge where it is required.
- Acquire strong training in the engineering sciences, master the current technoloy, and adapt to the changes that it undergoes.
- Develop the capacity to design in engineering, have the capability of planning and resolving open problems or those that require a multidisciplinary focus, and work in teams.
- Develop the abilities for both invention and innovation, and entrepreneurship, as well as for critical thinking.
- Acquire and exercise the capacity for self-learning, and become aware of the importance of maintaining this habit after graduation. They may pursue graduate studies if they so wish in order to maximize their contributions in the creation and adaptation of technologies in the productive sectors.
- Communicate effectively, orally, in writing, and graphically, in both Spanish and English, and this capacity must be exercised throughout the course of study.
- Acquire competence in economic analysis and administration regardless of the speciality which is followed.
- Understand their role in society and recognize the importance of ethical behavior in both the period of studies and later professional life, and act accordingly.
Profile of the Graduate in Electrical Civil Engineering
The competences of the Electrical Civil Engineer, admitted to the Common Plan in 2007, is based on competencies that will be developed throughout the program. They can be divided into two groups:
- Interpret, select, and apply scientific and technological developments related to Electrical Engineering, using the fundamentals of scientific engineering and multidisciplinary training.
- Acquire new knowledge and techniques for conceiving, developing, and executing projects related to Electrical Engineering.
- Evaluate and propose solutions to technical and economic problems in the field of Electrical Engineering, considering all limitations.
- Evaluate Electrical Engineering projects technically and economically.
- Conceive, organize, implement, and manage projects in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Conceive, design, implement, and operate systems in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Conceive solutions to Electrical Engineering problems, considering productive, environmental and/or social needs.
- Solve problems and optimize solutions using concepts, approaches, and methodologies of systems in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Design systems, circuits and devices in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Manifest dynamic and visionary leadership in the exercise of the profession.
- Generate, for themselves and their work teams, an ethical space based on probity, solidarity, respect, and tolerance.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams, assuming leadership in the matters that are inherent to their profession.
- Show a positive attitude towards assuming the changes that present themselves.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills in their own language.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Have the ability to learn and to update their knowledge perpetually.
- Investigate and analyze information from various areas.
- Have critical and self-critical abilities.
- Use an appropriate level of language to communicate with people who are not experts in their subjects.
- Demonstrate autonomy and initiative in the decision-making process.
- Demonstrate creativity in the projects they develop.
- Have ethical commitment to socio-cultural and environmental media.